Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I feel the earth move....

Literally since we just had that little earthquake in our backyard.  I've been through a few eeny beeny ones, but this one fell into the "Stand Up and Take Notice" category.  It was very exciting in that disconcerting way when something happens that you never saw coming.  Like when you get cancer, or someone dies very unexpectedly.  You're left with that "whaaaa?" feeling like the universe just landed a little bit of a sucker punch.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not equating this little rumble to something as monumental as cancer, but they are on the same page in the book of life somehow, the "Scary Shit You Did Not See Coming" page.

Speaking of the book of life, the page I'm on currently is titled "REALLY BIG YEAR."  Good, bad or indifferent, it is a significant year in the lives of all of my little cast of characters.  The kids are in 9th and 11th grades.  My husband is on the cusp of a career change.  I am on the cusp of a career change. 

We all sat out on our deck last night, eating dinner, (drinking wine), enjoying the 80 degree day (finally, thank you Lord), talking about the year to come and laughing.  It was one of those moments that I hope I'm able to remember in my 90s.

I have a feeling that my proverbial earth will do a lot of shaking this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment