Friday, September 2, 2011

For the newly human

I've decided to start a new series of posts.  It is designed for those who are "newly" human.  In truth, I don't know how often this happens, but it occured to me the other day, how hard it would be if you suddenly became human as an adult.

You see, the way it works now, you're born, you grow up...that's all one giant orientation process.  If you were, however, suddenly thrust into birth in your middle forties, you'd be a hot mess until you got up to speed.

I'm pretty sure that there are some helpful hints the rest of us adult human's could provide.

At the top of my list today are the following:

1.  People do not always say what they mean or mean what they say.
2.  When you open a container of yogurt, peel it away from yourself because they ALWAYS seem to explode a little bit and it is usually on your nice white sweater.

When I asked my son for some suggestions he said:  "Duh!  Don't forget to breathe."  I wouldn't have thought of that, but, clearly, he is correct.

I'm open to suggestions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment