Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Favorite things

I was in Marshalls a while back, and saw a bunch of these adorable ramekins.  "Cocottes" they are called.

In spite of being drawn to the irresistible array of colors (TURQUOISE!  LIME!) I walked away.

Later that day, I found the mini-cocotte cookbook in a shi-shi cooking store and realized it was A SIGN!

So, I bought TWO cookbooks and trotted back to Marshalls and picked up a slew of the cocottes, promptly mailing a set to my sister for her birthday.

The cookbook has the most lovely recipes and pics.....pear bread pudding, chicken pot pies, molten chocolate cakes, all in miniature.  Like the baby pygmy goats a friend of mine just brought home, everything in this book is just too cute for words.

I haven't made anything yet, but I will, and I'll let you know how it turns out.

In hindsight, I realize though, that I should have purchased a set of 8.....in order to make both a main dish AND a dessert in the same meal.  Wonder if there are any left.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 


No comments:

Post a Comment