Monday, April 11, 2011

For those in need of a little perspective....

I watched a compelling documentary this weekend:

http://www.godgrewtiredofus.com/

I knew it would be hard to watch, and it was, though not in an overly heavy handed way, I sat through it with my 14 year old and it was not inappropriate for him....I wouldn't show it to younger kids, I don't think, just because the imagery of starving children, while brief, is explicit.

I remember hearing about the conflict in the Sudan and about the "Lost Boys" but I definitely wasn't aware of all the details, or the fact that a number of them were given homes and employment here in the United States. 

It is both a heartbreaking and uplifting story, narrated by Nicole Kidman, (whose voice I could listen to reading the contents of a cereal box and still think it fascinating) that I would recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment