Monday, May 2, 2011

It's over now.....the music of the night

Done!  I survived countless hours of practices and preparation and 4 productions of Phantom of the Opera.  When the aforementioned Director cornered me in the hallway at the beginning of the final performance and said "So!  Will you do another show with me?"  The only response I could think of, which I gave her, was "Uhhhhhhhh"  It was not my most erudite moment.

That being said, it was wonderful to see those kids bleed sweat and pull off what was, truly, an amazing set of performances.  I'm sure THEY all felt it was worthwhile. 

It was worthwhile for me to get this text from my daughter somewhere in the middle of all of that:

"Mom, I love you so much.  I'm so lucky to have such an awesome mommy."

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

What was initially significant trepidation on her part at having me in her realm turned into not only acceptance but also inclusion, to the point where I got multiple hugs from her in front of cast and crew.

Yes.  Worth it for me, too.

While the production is over, the hilarity is not.  I received this photo text from my daughter this morning, which will only be funny if you've seen Phantom and are familiar with the crashing chandelier.  A mid class doodle.

What really happened to Osama Bin Laden:


No comments:

Post a Comment