Friday, November 16, 2012

TGIF

Thank you Lord, for F R I D A Y!

I am particularly exhausted, it just seemed to be one of those work weeks.

Good news:  Our dishwasher works again as does the toilet in my bathroom.  Not that flushing with a bucket wasn't SUPER FUN or anything, but I have to say that both of these little fix-it jobs dragged on long enough that I actually found myself a little gleeful about being able to push the buttons and handle finally.

That being said, there are some big things going on that are not so fun, like this nonsense in Gaza and Israel.  I have a new friend who is Israeli, he's here in the US for two years doing training, and the rest of his family is home, just south of Tel Aviv.  Needless to say, he is very concerned for their safety.  Because he is my friend, suddenly I, too am concerned for their safety.  "It's okay, you know" he said, patting my arm after my eyes got all big and watery when he told me that his mom had to end their phone conversation yesterday because of the air raid sirens, "I mean it's bad, and it's scary, but we grew up like this.  There's never really been a time when we (as a country) weren't worried that someone was going to try to bomb us."

How crazy is that?

Kind of puts all of my plumbing woes in perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment