Friday, December 16, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like......

Yes. C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*  YAY!  I love Christmas.  I love that I'm home this year, with the fam.  We aren't going anywhere, and no one is coming our way either.  This is very very rare.  Like the blue moon of Christmases if you will.

Last night we celebrated with our bestest family friends.  Love them.  We exchanged gifts, ate too much, played a dorky game and drank too much champagne.  I'm on a bit of a prosecco kick.  Mmmmmmm.

Anyhoo.  Something about all that champagne made hostessing my office party a little challenging this afternoon.  And if that weren't bad enough, my phone rang off the hook the whole time with serious HR issues (WTF?  Is everyone imploding today?) so I kept having to excuse myself from the party to go close my door and talk someone off of a ledge.  That shit is exhausting.  Ho Ho hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The highlight came, however, when my former boss, whom I adore, and who is suffering a broken foot currently from a "sports injury" (he tripped over his dog) called me to see if I would take him Christmas shopping tomorrow (since he can't drive and I'm pretty sure his wife is about to kill him).  We agreed that I did not have to be completely sober for this activity so I readily agreed.  What's not to love about shopping for Christmas on the last Saturday before Christmas, with a jewish gimp when you've got a good buzz on?  I can't wait!!!

I'll let you know how that all turns out!






No comments:

Post a Comment