Monday, December 5, 2011

Planning ahead

Greetings and Happy Monday!

I'm beginning to consider possibilities for this year's New Years Resolution List.

Here is item NUMERO UNO for consideration:

I resolve to stop pretending that I am not talking to myself (pretty much all the time.)

Sadly, I do have a running monologue with myself from sun up to sun down (and then some).

I was only offhandedly considering this, truth be told, and it just popped out of my mouth a few moments ago.  "You know what" I said to myself "I think it's time I just stopped pretending that I'm not talking to out loud to myself."  As I sat here contemplating the idea, a voice said to me "Oh, thank GOD."

The voice happens to belong to my assistant, who sits just outside my door, and, obviously well within earshot.

"What do you mean?"  I asked him.

"Well, I can hear you talking in there, like, all the time, but I never know if you're talking to you, or to me, and whether I should respond, or pretend I can't hear you.  It's very confusing."

:o

Who knew?????  Isn't he just the best?  All these months he could have said "SHUT THE HELL UP IN THERE!"  But he hasn't.  He's just played along, as if the fact that I'm a total crazy person is just our little secret.  (Fortunately he's already slated for a raise.)

"Oh!  So, if I just admitted that I'm only and always just talking to myself unless I say your name first, then you could just ignore me completely?"

"Yes"  he said "that would be awesome."

So, while this resolution, may not result in trees planted in the forest or a village full of shoes, definitely has at least some small impact in my very tiny corner of the world (my office). 

Definitely worth considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment