Wednesday, December 28, 2011

If I wanted to network socially I'd call you

I'm about to close my Facebook account.  Again.  I closed it for about 6 months last year.  It was great, I really enjoyed being Facebook-free (except for the part where everyone gave me such a hard time about being anti-social).  The reality is that it's a HUUUUUUUUUUGE time waster for me, which is, frankly, criminal, considering how much there is that I would like to be doing and home much there is that I should be doing.

Facebook is useful for a writing project I'm doing, but it's a seasonal project (the season of warmer weather), so I think I'll just wrap it up and put it on a shelf for a little while and then dust it off again in the spring.

Not so secretly, I also get a little perverse satisfaction about pulling the plug to spite my friends who are rabid facebookers.  "Well!"  said one to me "We just won't be able to keep up our friendship if you aren't on Facebook....that's the only way I communicate with people."  Really?  Uh.  Okay.  Love ya, bye! 

I'm just too easily distracted these days.  I don't need another excuse to lose focus. 

That's not my New Year's Resolution....just in case you're still thinking about it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment