Monday, January 17, 2011

Does my yogurt really need its own Facebook page?


In honor of the Facebook movie winning all those awards at the Golden Globes last night, I have unceremoniously deactivated my account.

If you’ve been following along here this will not come as a huge surprise to you.

I will try not to be smug about it, like all those AA or WeightWatchers freaks who want everyone else to drink their KoolAid. In fact, when given a number of deactivation options where I could have selected the “Die and Rot in Hell you Time Sucking Bastards” as one the reasons why I was removing myself from that particular channel of social media, I chose instead “No need to pester me, I suspect this is temporary.” Because it may well be.

What I am truly going to miss is being able to spy on my children. Not that I was really getting any amazing info, but I did have access to a lot of photos of them taken by their friends that I would not have otherwise. (Yes, yes, we all know the potential downside to this, which was partially why I was spying in the first place, but, thus far, all of the pics have been sweet, generally complimentary and completely appropriate. I have delivered “that” lecture to them multiple times….though what they cannot control is what their friends decide to post on their behalf. Life’s a crap shoot, what to do, what to do.)

It is expectedly liberating, and I am reveling in that this morning.

Am clearly not pulling the plug on media all together….if you need me, you know where to find me. Hopefully this will translate into more time directed to real writing. (Whatever the hell that means.)

Hugs and Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment