Friday, March 30, 2012

Purpose driven lives

There are multiple purposes to my life.  Some of them endure, some are constantly changing.

Currently they include:

Raising thoughtful children.
Working really hard while I have the ability to do so.
Trying to "create something" now, to "have" later when my ability to create things has diminished.
Being a good person.

While they sound vague, perhaps, this short little list keeps me very busy.

I think it's the last one with which I struggle the most.

I do feel like I'm not giving much "back" at the moment.  I have at times, been more involved in enhancing the common or greater good than I am currently.

I tell myself that the work I'm doing professionally, the the work I'm doing in item number one, above, is somehow, peripherally, contributing to the last item.

And then I go and read something here:

http://www.notforsalecampaign.org/about/

And I think, WOW!  There's so much more that I could be doing.  At least someone is doing it, and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment