Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Universal flow and a karmic bone to chew on

I meet a lot of people.  I meet hundreds of new people every year just through work, and then when you throw in people connected with the kids, or my husband and his many many creative ventures, it's a whole lot of names and faces.  I'm not always good at remembering, or at distinguishing, months down the road if it was this Bob or that Bob unless either of the Bobs happened to make an impression on me for some reason. 

Every once in a while, however, I meet someone who immediately "sticks."  Someone who I instantly have that "where have you been all these years" kind of feeling, which is really fun.

What is that all about?  How is it that one person out of the hundreds just stands out?  There's no rhyme or reason; sometimes they are male, sometimes female...older younger taller shorter wiser sillier.... there's no detectable pattern.  Perhaps the bond is enhanced by circumstances or environment.  Or maybe it's just chemical.  Whatever the reason, it's always fun when it happens.  I'm going to consider it a little gift from the  universal flow .... a little karmic bone to keep me fresh while I shake a couple hundred more hands attached to faces that I'll never remember......a reminder that somewhere along the way there's going to be a keeper or two!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment